Friday, January 25, 2008

Slow knitter

About 1 year ago, I seriously started trying to teach myself to knit. I'm very slow and have had a hard time trying to find projects. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find any knitting groups nearby, nor any knitting classes, nor any really helpful staff at the LYS. However, I continue to plug along because I REALLY want to knit a pair of clogs I saw a long time ago on Woolyheaded's blog, and because I REALLY REALLY want to knit socks :)
But first...a couple of washcloths. I couldn't find the pattern books, but did use 100% cotton worsted yarn. It may not look like much, but I was very pleased that 1) they were actually square shaped, and 2) the design is visible in both...yayyy.
I'm was so proud that I actually finished these AND they resembled the pattern book, that I haven't used 'em or washed 'em! I will probable do a couple more similar to the white one. I love the size.

Next time...an update on a hat




No comments: