Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hat

For my first hat, I was looking for something easy rather than cute. So, found the "Very easy hat to knit" by Dovetail Designs. Because I don't yet know how to knit in the round, I chose this hat because it's knitted flat, and the edges are sewn together. The pattern uses 1 ball of yarn if the gauge is accurate. Cast on 90 stitches, and then knit 4 inches. Then start decreasing until 12 stitches remain, then finish. I'm able to practice garter stitch, K2tog, and seaming. I'm not sure if the gauge is correct so this may end up frogged if I don't have enough yarn..we'll see. But still good practice. The stitches look good (except for the one place where there was a knot in the yarn), and the piece is the same width all the way across!! Yay.. I can't find the label, but the yarn is so soft - I love it!

I still haven't figured out the correct way to re-size pictures or why clicking the picture doesn't always bring up a larger size..but hopefully the view will let you clearly see stitches.

Am almost to the decreasing part. Hope to have completed this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn! Can't wait to see the hat! :-)
Court