Friday, February 1, 2008

Ding..Ding...Ding...The Winner of Round One...

Frogger - 1
Knitter - 0


Frogging gets me every time. I only had 1/2 row to rip out due to miscounting. I think I've now ripped out 5 since I kept losing stitches. *sigh* But I did resist the urge to just rip out the whole deal. Soooooo.....

To make myself feel better and to start what I've been putting off because it seems so difficult -



SOCK STUFF!!!!! I'm so excited!!! I browsed several sites seen on other blogs and ended up at The Loopy Ewe. Found beautiful yarn and a beginner pattern. And, of course, the project bag (I have a weakness for pocketbooks and bags - Love 'em!!). Once I get the hang of sock knitting, I will definitely go back to The Loopy Ewe. After finding the yarn shop near my house to be unfriendly and not helpful, it was so refreshing to receive the order accompanied by a hand-written note to say welcome and thanks for ordering! I sent back a quick email to say I appreciated the quick turnaround, how beautiful everything was, and how excited I was to begin sock knitting. I was surprised to get back a response - not just a standard response, but one that was encouraging and even held some advice. Thanks Sheri!!! I'm resisting the urge to begin right away - I need to get other things done although it would be a good day to sit by the fire and knit away while it rains outside. The rain is good - am hoping we get enough to ease some of the drought issues!

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that sock yarn looks sooo soft!! Good luck!! I have never attempted socks so you are much braver than I!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yayy from mom